Monday, July 7, 2008

My first Rockies game!

Yesterday was Rockies day! Went to LoDo (Lower Downtown) where all the cool bars and Coors Field are. Drank some pre-game cocktails at the Tavern and watched Wimbedon (yah Nadal!) and walked across the street to the game. I realize it’s hard to see us but that’s the bar we were at with Coors Field in the background.





Brad Hawpe hit a homerun that literally bounced about 3 feet in front of us. I think I was too busy protecting my beer that I didn’t even begin to try and catch it.



Also, if you can see the 2 rows of purple seats near the top of the stadium, that signifies that you are exactly one mile high. The actual Rockies are in the background but it’s hard to see.


So, this week will be spent just making sure my BB stuff is working and awaiting the arrival of the pod, aka Bruno. This weekend is the Colorado Irish Festival and we’ll probably do the “weekend downtown” thing.

The good news is that so far, everyone I’ve met is super nice and very cool and laidback. I’ve met a lot of people who went to CSU and just stayed here. I just have to wrap my brain around the fact that these people out here did NOT go to Charleston Southern, nor if they refer to USC, it's probably not South Carolina.
So, that's what I got for you now. I'll be back in touch later this week. Hope all of y'all have a great week and talk to you soon!










1 comment:

Yeti Manetti said...

it's only one row