Monday, July 7, 2008

More CHS pics / Vail

Hi party peeps! So, I made it through my first weekend in Denver and it was a good one! Thursday we spent the day running errands (I think collectively we spent over $600 at Wal-mart, Target, and Home Depot). But get this y’all – they sell liquor at Target here! I can get my Bacardi, a new outfit, and birthday cards all at the same place!
Here are a couple of more pics of the last weekend in Charleston though.






Also, here is a picture of one of our stops cross-country. This is in the grand city of Topeka,

KS. There are seriously only 2 exits into Topeka, even though it's the capital of KS... Keep in mind we had just put in over 800 miles on the road when this picture was taken...







So, I’m going to split this into 2 posts – one of Vail and one for the Rockies game.
Friday we headed up to Vail to meet up with some of Dawn’s friends for the 4th and the Vail Shoot-out (a lacrosse tournament). We happily spent America’s birthday bar hopping in Vail Village surrounded by hot lacrosse guys. Good times!

Here is a picture of a “ski trooper”. At first I thought it was the invisible man with some skis but no, they have a monument dedicated to just ski troopers.

Also, I was SO excited to see they had a sports store named after me in Vail. However, I come to find out it’s a chain everywhere out here and it’s really not that special. I still wanted a picture with it any way…



We resumed drinking after the tour of Vail Village and had a blast.
One of the many funny stories is that one of the girls we were hanging out with (Katie – very cool girl that I’m sure you’ll hear more about later as we hang out) had on the same exact outfit as Pete Coors’ daughter (Coors Field, Coors Light, etc…) who was at the same bars we were.
Fast forward a couple of hours and more drinks, Dawn gets a little slap happy and gives Katie a big, fat slap across the ass. Although, yes, as you guessed, it was Pete Coors’ daughter instead. Again, good times, good times.
Headed back to Denver Saturday afternoon after watching a lacrosse game and went to a birthday dinner for another one of Dawn’s friends. Here is a pic of my new friends (Katie AND the dog) at the lacrosse game. Stay tuned for the Rockies game posting…


1 comment:

Allison Macfie said...

Looks like you are having a blast! It is nice to see what you are doing, who you are meeting, and of course all the fun stories!