Tuesday, September 2, 2008

College Football and....more college football

What's up everyone? I'm in Charleston and still blogging away. I am here until Sunday so I hope to see a lot of y'all before I go back to Mile High. You'll know I'll be at KSG for most of Saturday so hopefully see y'all there. Gonna make this quick though because gotta go watch Wheel of Fortune with my Mom.

So, the Labor Day weekend started Saturday morning Dawn and I headed to Colorado Springs for the Air Force Academy game, where unfortunately, it would be the highlight of the weekend... (not because AF was bad, just because of the horrendous showing of the Tigers that night). But, had a great time at the game. Everyone was super-nice and they had a fly-by before the game that was unbelievable and at halftime, they gave a show with a live falcon. Cool stuff.

Then, headed back to Denver and to a bar where I tried to recruit the other barflys to be Clemson fans before the game started. I was embarrassed by this about 6.5 minutes into the game. And that's all I'll I'm going to say right now about the game.

Sunday consisted of getting the troops together to tailgate for the CU (Colorado Univ)/CSU (Colorado State University) game. Now THIS I could get into. It's the biggest rivalry for CSU and people had been drinking since the night before. The CSU crowd are a great bunch of boozers and I saw more T-shirt dresses than at a Mrytle Beach WAVES store. It was great. My favorite shirt I saw, which I know could be used for any school, was "I'd rather have my sister in a whorehouse, than a brother who goes to CU". Good times even though CSU lost (as usual against CU apparently). Pics to come...

Anyway, see a lot of y'all tomorrow!

No comments: