Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rock Climbing and the DNC

Hi guys! Are you anxiously awaiting my news from my rock climbing weekend?!? Ha! Well, anyway, the rock climbing was GREAT! I am officially hooked. We had a group of about 14 people and 3 guides (well, 2 guides on Sunday since one guide broke his foot while he was placing a rope at the top… I was able to escape with only minor injuries (picture of bloody knee below)) and everyone was super cool and nice. I joined a “MeetIn” Denver rock climbing group and hope to meet some people who actually live in Denver through that. The climbing trip had people from all over (St. Louis, WY, etc…) so no one was local. Here are some pics of where we climbed (Rocky Mountain National Park) and of me actually climbing!





The DNC...
Well, it's obviously a zoo around here but in a good way. Just had lunch downtown and unfortunately, the only famous person I saw was the Governor of New Mexico and I'm not sure that even counts. Only saw one protest parade too and I'm not even sure what the hell they were protesting - none of the "protestors" are very organized or very many, despite what the news reports say. But, regardless, it's an exciting time for Democrats and it's cool to be in a place where history is going down.

This weekend is definitely a diehard college football weekend! Heading down to Colorado Springs Saturday morning for the Air Force Academy game, then hightailing back to Denver to go to a bar to watch Clemson/Ala - Go Tigers!!! and then Sunday, I'm off to Invesco for the Rocky Mountain Showdown! That's CU vs CSU (Colorado State University) for anyone not in the know. :) Go Rams!

And a final note... I will be in Charleston in one week! Coming into town for BB training and hope to see as many people as I can! Take care everyone!

No comments: